Monday, November 18, 2013

I Love You So.


'Where the Wild Things Are' has always been a favourite book in our house and last week we finally got around to watching the movie. I turned all the letters I have made in the last week into a one of my favourite quotes from it (with a slight variation - the We'll became I'll).
I used the letter pattern from Oh Fransson and all of the fabrics, apart from the borders, came from the scrap box. When it is quilted it will be added the growing mini quilt gallery in the passage way.
 





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it !!

Abby and Stephanie said...

One of our favorite books as well. It was the first hard back book my son received for his first birthday. He was our little Wild Thing. And his very first quilt is also called Wild Thing. I love your fabrics and this is such a fun word quilt.

bec said...

So lovely! geez those letters look hard though! I'm scared of them haha

Thimbleanna said...

Ok, now THAT is just TOOOO stinkin' cute. I LOVE that book and what and adorable quilt you've made from a great quote!

Cheryl said...

Was it hard to do the letters? I want to try but have never fone them before

Kate said...

Hi Sam, they weren't that hard, but I did make a few mistakes. I converted the letters to paper piecing which meant reversing most of them so the letters did not come out as mirror images. Start with some easy ones like I and l.

Plum Cox said...

Brilliant! what a fun quilt, and so beautifully done!

Lisa said...

Also a fave story at our house. We love to roll our eyes and gnash our teeth while reading it...hee hee. Great quilt - love the fun of it!!!